These hip spots all across Texas are sure to provide the perfect dose of retail therapy:
1. For starters, contemporary furniture stalwart Kartell (1964 W. Gray St.) recently opened a new flagship in Houston’s River Oaks that pays homage to the brand’s midcentury cool aesthetic.
2. In Dallas, interior designer Kristin Mullen launched an eponymous home decor shop coined Curated by Kristin Mullen (6725 Snider Plaza), which features styled vignettes of hand-selected finds and dually hosts her design studio.
3. Stay in Dallas for a while to visit Parisian silversmith Christofle (67 Highland Park Village). The brand chose the city’s Highland Park enclave for its second Texas boutique.
4. If you’re in Austin, drop by the new 60,000-square-foot RH Austin (11720 Domain Blvd.), the latest iteration of the brand’s next-generation design galleries, located at buzzy The Domain.
5. Also for Austinites, be sure to check out Annie Downing Interiors (509 Powell St.), above, a chic, lived-in interiors showroom offering accessories, upholstered furniture, art and more in the capital city’s growing design district downtown